%ARABICA

7:46 AM

Taken from instagram: @arabica.oman
For months now, I've seen pretty photos of cups with the percentage symbol plastered on them all over social media. I soon came to find out that the '%' belonged to a Kyoto-based coffee shop, %ARABICA, founded and owned by Kenneth Shoji. On the 'philosophy' section of their aesthetically pleasing website, their mission (or dream, as they called it) is to allow "young baristas [to] 'See the World Through Coffee'" 

A few weeks ago, when I was abroad at the time, I saw photos of the same '%' again. Location: Muscat, Oman. I immediately planned to go to %ARABICA once I came back. Two days after landing in Muscat, jet-lagged and disoriented, I made my way there.
Taken from instagram: @arabica.oman





The first thing I noticed was the minimalistic and clean decor of the cafe. With white dominating the decor, everything was crisp and clean, which I loved. It wasn't too minimalistic or 'hipster', which is often the case with a lot of new cafes. It was just right, and I hoped it would reflect their coffee.

%ARABICA had a soft opening, at the time, which meant they didn't have a full menu of their drinks. I ordered the iced Spanish Latte, which consists of cold coffee with sweetened condensed milk at the bottom of the cup. They also sell an artisanal selection of coffee beans alongside their drinks, for all you coffee fanatics out there.

Honestly, the service was a bit slow, but the baristas were really welcoming and kind. We can give them a break; it's just a soft opening.

Their famous spanish iced latte
(taken from %ARABICA's instagram @arabica.oman)
The latte was great for a hot day; sweet, cold, and not too heavy. Personally, I like the sweetened condensed milk taste. It might be a bit strange for some people, but I feel like it's a unique addition to iced coffee. For those of you who like your coffee bitter and unsweetened, the Spanish Latte obviously is not for you. However, it does have a balance of sweet and bitter-just the way I like it.

I didn't have the chance to actually sit in the cafe to have my drink, but I definitely think that it's a nice place to get some work done (although probably not at night, when most people are out), or have a chat with your friends.

Would I go back? Yes, I'd love to try their other drinks and sit at the cafe for a bit.

Ambience: 8/10
Hygiene: 8/10
Customer service: 7/10
Food!: 8/10

To visit their website, click here.
To visit their Instagram, click here.
To visit their Oman Instagram, click here.

Photos in this post are either taken by us, or taken from %ARABICA's instagram.

-Love, L

You Might Also Like

0 comments

We appreciate all your comments.

Subscribe